Wisdom Teeth Removal in
A wisdom tooth may need to be extracted to correct an existing problem or to prevent future problems from occurring. Some of the problems associated with wisdom teeth are:
- A wisdom tooth may erupt partly through the gum, causing gum tissue to grow over it. This place can trap germs and food and cause pain, swelling and tenderness in the gums.
- Your jaw may not be large enough for the wisdom teeth to erupt, causing impaction.
- Sometimes, the wisdom teeth may erupt at an angle. This can affect the adjacent teeth.
- Impacted wisdom teeth can lead to more serious problems such as cysts, damage to the jawbone and infection.
You may take a few days to recover. The following tips will help in an easier and faster recovery:
- Be careful not to bite the inside of your cheek, tongue or lip while your mouth is numb.
- Gently bite down on the gauze placed at the extraction site till bleeding slows down. If the site continues to bleed more than 24 hours after surgery, call our office immediately.
- Use an icepack to control swelling
- To avoid bleeding, prop your head up with pillows while lying down.
- Eat soft foods and avoid drinking through a straw.
- Take rest and limit physical activity to prevent bleeding at the extraction site.
- Avoid smoking for at least 24 hours after your surgery. It can dislodge the clot and could contaminate the surgical site.
- Gently rinse your mouth with warm salt water.
- Brush your teeth and tongue softly.
- Avoid touching the area with your fingers or tongue.
Our team of dental professionals is ready to help with any questions that you may have. For more information on our teeth extraction services, give our office a call today at (918) 215-4425.
See Real Patient Reviews
Leave a Review
We drive 50 miles over from Ponca City to see Dr. Bulleigh. Did a great job making me two new bridges and capping my teeth.
Absolutely love pawhuska dental wonderful staff & always willing to help with multiple appointments & making sure it always works for you.
Best ever for all- around dental care. I'm one of those people scared of going to the dentist, but now I'm doing great with it and keeping regular appointments!