The thoughts of lying on a dental chair, whirring sounds and strange smells often terrify people. However, dental problems can be even more terrifying. If you are among these people, the innovations in dentistry made it possible for people like you get the necessary dental treatments that you need. At Pawhuska Dental, we offer Sedation Dentistry Options to help you feel relaxed and fear-free during any dental care procedures.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry focuses on helping patients, especially those with dental anxiety to relax during dental treatments through the use of medications. The method is often referred to as sleep dentistry which is not accurate. Patients under the influence of sedation are conscious and aware of the surroundings during the treatments.
Sedation Dentistry we offer at Pawhuska Dental
- Oral Sedation
- Laughing Gas Sedation
Regardless of what type of sedation is administered, local anesthesia is typically used to numb the treatment site. It helps in relieving any pain to increase the level of comfort felt by the patient.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
- With the use of Sedation, dentists can entirely focus on their work. They perform the needed dental treatments without the worries of the patient’s comfort. While the patient is under sedation, their vital signs are closely monitored to ensure their safety throughout the procedure.
- It can help patients reduce the anxiousness they felt when undergoing dental treatments.
- Patients with special needs can get the necessary treatments they need without triggering their anxiety or phobia.
- The pain-free dental care that everyone wants can be provided with the help of Sedation Dentistry.
- Patients who have a fear of needles can undergo either Oral or Laughing gas sedation. Both of these sedation techniques do not require the administration through the use of injections. Oral sedation can be taken an hour orally before the appointment while laughing gas is inhaled through a mask during the treatment.
Everyone deserves an anxious-free, comfortable dental experience. Avail of our Sedation Dentistry Services in Pawhuska. Schedule your appointment with us at Pawhuska Dental. Our dental office is located at 201 W Main St Pawhuska, OK 74056.